A Shared Treasure

February 26, 2011


To my delight I found this cute old ladder in the last hard rubbish collection, someone's trash and now my treasure.

I originally grabbed it thinking it would be useful for product displays at a market or in my studio window. Then after catching up with an old school friend recently I worked out a new use for it...

 
My friend Cherie from Scullery Made Tea blends delicious leaf teas, and among many other things she also designed and hand printed this limited edition destination tea towel. We were both at the Grange Twilight Market, and after seeing Cherie's gorgeous stall I knew my old ladder would be perfect for her product displays.

 

I just love the prospect of finding something old and then creating a new use for it!
I already own an authentic bus blind from Auckland that hangs in my kitchen so I just had to have one of these matching tea towels especially considering they feature the main towns of the Barossa Valley! Thanks for my tea towel Cherie!

You Might Also Like

0 comments