Melbourne Finds

June 22, 2011

I had so much fun exploring Brunswick when visiting Melbourne a few weeks back. We spent most of the day walking up one side of Brunswick Street then back down the other side so we didn't miss anything. So many quirky retro shops and heaps of cool cafes drawing you in with the aroma of delicious coffee.

We stumbled across Meet me at Mike's little shop. What a delightful space. Of course Denis and I couldn't leave without each buying something. For those who don't know, Meet me at Mike's are the creative folk (Pip Lincolne) behind the crafty book titled Sew La Tea Do and a newby to be released in October this year called Make Hey While the Sun Shines.

Me, I bought a vintage board game called Park and Shop. To my surprise I found 2 more retro games hidden away under the cardboard insert inside! One called "Money" and the other "Careers".

Denis took this photo of me walking proudly with my game through the Melbourne streets as we made our way back to the hotel. Yeah I did get a few looks...


Denis spotted this retro cool Zeiss Ikon Camera complete with flash and leather case. Denis's camera collection is rapidly growing, but I have to admit I particularly like this one.

You Might Also Like

0 comments