Scooby-Doo

October 03, 2011









Denis and I bought a Campervan - it's a 1984 Toyota Pop-top. We are so thrilled with it. The previous owners have lovingly cared for the camper, adding little gadgets here and there to make the whole camping experience more enjoyable... for example, a bracket to hold the laptop with speakers to watch movies in bed, an outdoor shower, plus a pillow top mattress for optimum comfort in the outback! The best bit is it is a true retro camper. Super plain, but still has some quirky features like the special bug catcher on the front window and the stickers from previous trips. We have named him Scooby.

Today we put up the annex, and it dawned on me the colour scheme for Scooby. Orange, green, mustard and brown is the go. My mum recently bought me the melamine dinner set not knowing we had bought the camper. Perfect, and it's orange! I also just bought the floral cushions from Foundabout made with love by my friend Mardi out of retro fabric. Note the table cloth in green and orange floral, also a gift from Mardi. Loving the fringe!

My donkey "Earl Grey" is looking right at home on the biscuit coloured Onkaparinga wool rug - another op shop find! So all in all Scooby is looking a treat decked out in our second hand retro delights. Now we just need to plan our first trip away!

You Might Also Like

0 comments