Retro Delights Pop-up in the Burbs!

July 28, 2014

Last week I purchased a teak coffee table from e-Bay and when I went to collect it I had no idea the treasure I was about to discover in the burbs ...

I arrived at a cute 1950s dwelling in Everard Park, and as I was walking across the front lawn I realised that the home was being used as a so called "pop-up shop" - a place for pick-ups of retro bits and bobs being sold via Gumtree and eBay.

I was greeted by a lovely lady called Heather, who proudly showed me around her mother's home still beautifully dressed in its original 1950s decor. Each room including the garage was setup with a life time of vintage collections, including original left over items (dresses, ribbons, buttons, underwear) in new condition from a 'haberdashery' and dress shop in Renmark. Heather's husband's parents ran a quaint store in the 1950s and 60s in the riverside country town.

I was overwhelmed with all of the amazing collections and was disappointed I did not have my proper camera with me. So the snaps above were quickly taken on my iPhone. 

As I left I said this really is like a retro delights pop-up shop and asked her if she was open to others stopping by. Of course, she was very happy with the idea of me helping to spread the word through the Retro Delights blog and Facebook page!

Heather lives just around the corner so would be available to meet people at the cute home most days.
If you are interested in checking out this cute pop-up shop, please contact me directly or via the Retro Delights Facebook Page and I will send you Heather's email address.

Toodle-pip!

You Might Also Like

0 comments