Orange Flash

March 05, 2011


We were driving through Largs North today and out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash of orange. "STOP THE CAR!"

In the middle of some hard rubbish outside a house I spotted an orange typewriter case. Excited, I jumped out of the car and grabbed it not even noticing what else was there. To my delight the case was heavy so there had to be a typewriter inside. I quickly opened it in the car, it was like revealing the hidden treasure! Made in Japan, immaculate metal case, and in working condition...

Memories came back from my old school days when I studied typing in year 10. I remembered how to load the paper and adjust the line spacing! It probably needs a new ribbon but I still managed to do some typing.

Thank you to the person who put it out on the side of the road for me to find. It made my day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments