Palm Springs in the Barossa! [Part 2]

November 16, 2012

I was so thrilled when Fiona invited me for a visit to have a V.I.P. tour of what she refers to as "Her own little version of Palm Springs in the Barossa!"


It is exciting to share with you this amazing makeover, but first to fully appreciate the heart and soul that went into it, make sure you check out my previous post with the before photos here >

 

Saturday morning the perfect day for taking the 1 hour drive to the Barossa Valley from Adelaide. I woke up early eager to hit the road, as I was doubly excited to finally meet the lady behind this gorge property, and of course seeing it in the real!

Fiona has done an incredible job of creating space and light while retaining the original vibe of this 1950s abode. I think my photos pretty much tell the story - but basically there were lots of oooohhhs and aaaaahhhhhhs as I was shown around this amazing home.

So enjoy this little behind the scenes capture. (More photos can be found here too.) Also, rumor has it that Fiona is planning to rent the home out as a super stylie weekender. Yes please!!

Front stair detail
Eames rocker and le klint lamp in the entrance
New hardwood floors throughout the home
The open plan dining area featuring an original George Nelson Light pendant
Eames Chair and Nelson Bench from Living Edge.
Open plan living with amazing outlook to private courtyard with pool
Feature fireplace dividing the dining and sitting areas.
Looking through the fireplace / feature stone wall. Chairs by Jamie Durie for BigW.
Pool recliners from Bunnings!
Rear elevation from the terraced garden.
There are many more photos from my dreamy visit... check them out here >

You Might Also Like

0 comments