My latest save!

October 02, 2012


I found this useful 1950/1960s clothes rack on the side of the road last week. Sorry, but I forgot to take a 'before' photo prior to cleaning it... but basically it was showing signs of rust, probably from sitting outside for some time, and was pretty filthy too!

I just couldn't let this one go to landfill, so with a bit of elbow grease and sandpaper I was determined to bring a sparkle back to this beauty.

 

I simply covered the coloured plastic coated bars with paper to protect them from any over spray. Traditionally the frames were painted in a dark green, but I had a can of black paint lying around so thought that would do.


I am thrilled with the result. Almost as good as new. Quite a handy little fellow that folds down neatly. Looks like I will also be using it as a prop for a fabric / homewares photo shoot next month too! YAY!

Toodle-pip!

You Might Also Like

0 comments